Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Psychodrama - A firsthand perspective


An interview with David Sullivan - TLC's California Regional Seminar

When I first went to the psychodrama I was a little apprehensive because I didn’t know what to expect. I had heard a lot about it touching cords and causing you to become emotional. Being a fairly stoic person most of the time, I thought I would be one of those people who would not be touched. 

Having experienced it firsthand, I think it’s made me a better person. I look forward to seeing whether it’s true in the way I interact with people moving forward. I think it will also make me a better lawyer and cause me to search inside my clients more than I have in the past. If I can look inside them better, maybe I can let the jury see inside them as well.

I am leaving with a new perspective on things, which will allow me to approach going to trial in a different, more effective way. I even think going into trial will actually be easier! Leaving the Seminar, I also feel good because I’ve made many positive connections with people. When you go through an experience like this, the memory doesn’t go away anytime soon.

Things feel different now. I "drank the Kool-Aid," as others have said, and the Kool-Aid was really good! I don’t see a downside -- making people more in touch with themselves so they can love other people more freely can never be a bad thing.

When I return home, I will, without hesitation, check in with the people I have met here. And I hope they do the same with me!

1 comment: