Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fearless - Criminal defense lawyer Anna Durbin takes the cases no one else will


Anna Durbin - TLC  2001 Grad. May 28, 2012
I don't know why they chose me for this article, but I am thankful for my TLC sister Joyce Collier, also 2001, and others for saying such positive things about me. I did mention in my interview how Trial Lawyers College helped bring back the joy in practicing law to me, but I guess that was edited out.  However, the support and information sharing from other lawyers, especially on our wonderful listserves, has always helped me to be a better lawyer for my clients.  And I am always afraid, and I don't take all cases.  But you all know that.  And my brother told his kids to put my picture on their refrigerators to scare the rats out of their kitchens, so you know I got toughened up at an early age.  Thanks to all my fellow Warriors, and to my clients who trust me with their stories and their lives.   
- Anna


BY MICHAEL Y. PARK - Superlawyers.com

PHOTOGRAPHY BY LUIGI CIUFFETELLI
Criminal defense lawyer Anna Durbin takes the cases no one else will
[img]
IN 2004, KIMBERLY YATES, WHILE SERVING AN 84-MONTH sentence from a drug conviction, was temporarily housed in the Philadelphia Federal Detention Center. She was working in the commissary when a male prison guard ordered her into the basement to attend to a chore. There was no chore. When she got down to the basement, the guard raped her.
Afterward, despite the guard's threats to her and her family, Yates sought justice. But she faced a seemingly insurmountable wall of Byzantine federal bureaucracy, knee-jerk skepticism and scant sympathy from the powers that be.
“I went through a time where I thought it was my fault,” Yates says. “I went from being a very self-confident woman to always second-guessing myself, having low self-esteem, all these things that aren't me.”
She called a lawyer in California who told her she should call a criminal defense attorney in Ardmore, Pa., a woman who had a way with juries and a reputation for taking on can't-win clients.
“When I called Anna, she didn't even question my story,” says Yates. “She took the case immediately.”

ANNA DURBIN GREW UP IN SOUTHEAST WASHINGTON STATE, the daughter of a manager at Hanford nuclear plant, which had the distinction of producing the plutonium used in the bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan. She was the youngest of four children; both older brothers had distinguished careers in the Army, and her sister became an anesthesiologist.


“It was tough following those three in school,” Durbin says.


14 comments:

  1. This blog is very helpful and important for us to find Criminal Lawyer.
    Criminal lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this information its really nice.


    Benjamin Yu dwi attorney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly said. The criminal attorneys should really be appreciated as they not only handle the crime related cases boldly but also help in minimizing the stress of the victim as well as give them accurate justice too.
    criminal defence lawyers | defence lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This is the best thing, Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    Drug Lawyer Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. pottstown attorney
    f you have been arrested or accused of a crime in Pottstown or the surrounding area, you need to fight back aggressively. You need someone on your side. We have done hundreds of DUI cases, so we know how to fight the court on your behalf at every step of the way.We are your Best Defense. As Pennsylvania Criminal Defense DUI Attorneys and Lawyers, we fight the prosecutors on your behalf.Contact Email: Paul.Bauer@pottstownattorney.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) in Orange County you not only face harsh penalties from the court proceedings but you are also in jeopardy of having your California driver’s license suspended by the DMV.
    Assault Police

    ReplyDelete

  7. Therefore glad I found your website searching for shoes.
    This is great information at any given time when the internet is full
    of falsehoods. Keep up the task in "Link to another good article from Allen Wright" and that i can
    come back often.
    We provide zealous representation for our clients from intake throughout trial. If you find yourself in need of legal representation, do not hesitate to contact our office Houston Criminal Defense Attorney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site. ny criminal defense lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly like to read your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice information.
    Criminal Defense attorney Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post.
    Criminal Defense lawyer Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the contents you mentioned in post are too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. central booking ny

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Court of Appeal rejected arguments that the Administrative Decisions Tribunal Appeal Panel had erred in law in deciding that a consultant’s report prepared by a legal costs expert as part of a legislative review of costs in workers compensation matters, was not an exempt document.Click here

    ReplyDelete
  13. increasing number of crimes being conducted in different parts of the world, criminal lawyers are very much in demand. Here you will get your perfect lawyers :
    Criminal Defense
    attorney Houston
    .

    ReplyDelete
  14. The length of DUI related incarceration time has increased dramatically over the past decade, as have the fines. DUI lawyer will give your needed confidence and hope in difficult situation.

    ReplyDelete